terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for Travel Daily Training Academy
Last updated 19 April 2023
- This Singapore Travel Specialist (“STS”) Promotion (“Promotion”) is jointly organized by Singapore Tourism Board (ABN 70 357 668 108), Level 11, 47 York Street Sydney, NSW, 2000 (“STB”), Singapore Airlines (ABN 52 001 056 195), Level 10, 570 George Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 (“SIA”), and Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd. (Registration No. 200910817N in Singapore under the Companies Act, Chapter 50) (“CAG”), each a Promoter and collectively the Promoters.
- The Promotion commences on Monday 1 May 2023, 0900 AEDST and ends on Monday 31 October 2023, 1700 AEDST (“Promotional Period”).
- The Promotion will be conducted on “www.singaporetravelspecialist.com” and entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand travel agents, who are citizens or permanent residents of these countries, belong to a registered travel agency and or travel management company, and are aged 18 and over as of 1 May 2023, (“Participants”).To participate in the Promotion, Participants must complete all twelve (12) training modules on Singapore Travel Specialist (STS) website during the Promotional Period. All Promotion entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period, and any entries received after the end of the Promotion Period are automatically disqualified.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of each of the Promoters are ineligible to participate in the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Corporations and other artificial persons are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Game of Skill: In this Game of Skill component of the Promotion, chance plays no part in determining the winner. To participate, Participants must register a valid account on www.singaporetravelspecialist.com with an identifiable name and company name, complete all modules, and answer all quiz questions at the end of each module (“an Entry”) to the best of their ability. Quiz submissions are only available once. Each Entry will be individually judged, based upon correctness and individual creative merit in response to any open-ended questions.
- Participants who have completed all twelve (12) training modules and submitted an eligible Entry to the Game of Skill will be placed into the Grand Prize Draw. One (1) winner will be chosen for this Grand Prize Draw.
- Grand Prize Draw will take place on Tuesday 31 October 2023 at 1700 AEDST One (1) winner will be chosen during the Draw for the Grand Prize.
- The Promoters reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Participants (including a Participant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who any of the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct which may jeopardise fair and proper functioning of the Promotion. Errors and omissions in the Participants’ entries may be accepted at the Promoters’ discretion. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoters reserves the right at any time to invalidate any Entries which may reasonably be suspected of have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information, and/or Entries that have been submitted under multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts.The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a Participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
- All decisions made by the Promoters, in respect to any matter relating to this Promotion, including the choice of the winner for the Game of Skill shall be final. The Promoters reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Promotion without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Incomplete modules shall not be considered to be valid Entries, and any incomplete or invalid Entries will be disqualified.
- Each Participant is only entitled to one submission in the Promotion per Entry. Entries made on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Multiple entries are not permitted.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of any Participant, the Promoters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify the identity of the Participant.
- In light of varying work from home regulations, the judging of the Game of Skill will take place amongst a virtual committee of representatives from the Promoters on the first day of each month. For the avoidance of doubt, no judging will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday and any such judging/s will occur on the following business day.
- The winners will be notified by way of an email. Winners will then be asked to send an optional quote or remark via email or direct message on social channels to the Promoters to be published at the Promoters direction.
The prizes for the Major Draw will consist of:
- Two (2) Scoot FlyBag return tickets from Australia (MEL/SYD/PER) to Singapore**
- 35,000 Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer miles*
- Two (2) night weekend stay at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering in a Lifestyle Premier Room with Club Access for 2 people ***
- One (1) Singapore Hamper (valued over S$100)
- If for any reason any winner selected during this Promotion does not take the required steps to accept or redeem a prize within 10 business days, then the prize will be forfeited and no replacements shall be provided.Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal value and/or specification.
- The name of the Winner, upon acceptance and consent, may be posted on the prizes page (singaporetravelspecialist.com) on or after 31 October 2023.
- By accepting their prize, the winner agrees to take part in any marketing or publicity activities, or appoint its service providers to process the personal data of the winner including name, likeness, images, voices, including photographs or audio-video and other recordings of the winner (“Material”) and consents to the Promoters using such Material in any media for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in each Promoter’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Promotion, or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and the copyright and all other intellectual property rights (“IP Rights”) in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Promoters without further compensation and the Winner hereby assigns such IP Rights to the Promoters.
- Any cost associated with participating in the Promotion, including accessing the Internet in relation to this Promotion is the Participant’s responsibility.Unless otherwise specified, the Promoters shall not be responsible for and will not bear any and all expenses and ancillary costs which may be incurred in the participation in the Promotion and/or with the use or redemption of the prizes.
- Prize winner when accepting this prize also acknowledges that Scoot flights depart from a limited number of cities in Australia, and it is the prize winner’s responsibility to make their own way to one of these cities. Any costs associated with this will be at the prize winners own expense and is not the responsibility of any partners listed within these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter(s) (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter’s) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter’s;
d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
f) use of/taking/redeeming a prize.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Trade Practice Compliance to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 in Australia or respective guidance and bodies in New Zealand.
*Singapore Airlines Grand Prize KrisFlyer Miles Award Terms and Conditions
- This training incentive (“STS”) is organised by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”), Changi Airport Group (“CAG“), and the Singapore Tourism Board (“STB“) and will be carried out on www.singaporetravelspecialist.com.
- This award pertains to the training program which commences on 1 May 2023 and ends on 31 October 2023 (“Contest Period”).
- This prize is open to all KrisFlyer members in Australia and New Zealand, aged 18 years or above as of 03 April 2023, who have registered as a verified travel agent in the STS program and completed all 12 training modules and quizzes by the end of the Contest Period, and who reside in Australia or New Zealand.
- Any entries received after the end of the Contest Period will not be considered for the First Major prize draw, and instead may be considered for the Second Major Draw details within the respective conditions.
- An eligible winner must be a KrisFlyer member with a valid KrisFlyer membership, whose KrisFlyer account was created on or before 31 October 2023.
- Each participant shall ensure that his/her entry is his/her own original work, and that the entry does not infringe the intellectual property of any other party. All intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights created by each participant in his/her entry shall belong to the participant. By participating in STS, the participant agrees to grant to SIA and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce, reformat, modify, edit, publish, publicly display, screen, distribute and sub-licence the entry in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by SIA, for any purposes SIA or its affiliates may deem necessary, including without limitation for the purposes of advertising and marketing.
- One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected by the STS partners in October 2023, based on the most skilful completion of the training modules and quiz questions, and shall be determined in the STS partner’s sole and absolute discretion. Winner shall win 35,000 KrisFlyer miles (the “Prize”).
- SIA will notify the Winner in within four (4) weeks from the end of the Contest Period, and he/she will be asked to submit his/her relevant contact details via email for information on how to claim the Prize. The Winner is required to return a signed letter of acceptance via email to SIA in accordance with the instructions provided by SIA via email within ten (10) working days. If the signed letter of acceptance is not received by SIA within ten (10) days from the date in which the notification was sent, and if the Winner does not indicate his/her consent to the publication of his/her personal data in accordance with clause 11 below in the signed letter of acceptance, the Prize will be forfeited.
- The name and country of residence of the Winner will be posted on the STS prize page (at the following link: https://www.singaporetravelspecialist.com) within one (1) week from the prize acceptance and confirmation.
- SIA will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- All decisions made by SIA, in respect to any matter relating to this Contest, including the choice of the Winner, shall be final. SIA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Contest without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion. SIA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants. The demise of a participant automatically disqualifies his/her entry.
- The Prize may take about four (4) to six (6) weeks to be credited into the KrisFlyer account of the Winner.
- The KrisFlyer miles awarded from this award are valid for a period of one (1) year from the date in which they are credited into the recipient’s KrisFlyer account, following which they shall expire, and no extensions will be permitted. For the avoidance of doubt, KrisFlyer miles awarded which have not been used by the end of the validity period described above will expire and shall be deemed null and void.
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem an air ticket is subject to seat availability at the time of reservation or ticket issuance and must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/).
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem KrisFlyer partner products or services, or for conversion must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/).
- The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Transfer of KrisFlyer miles from one member’s account to another member’s account is not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, SIA is not responsible for and will not bear any and all expenses and ancillary costs which may be incurred in the participation in the training and/or with the use or redemption of the Prize.
- Employees of SIA, Scoot, their immediate families, affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies, principal sponsors and suppliers associated with this campaign are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Corporations and other artificial persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, SIA will not be responsible or liable for any consequences that any participant may suffer (including without limitation any damage, loss, injury or disappointment) by entering the STS program or the participant’s acceptance of any prize.
- For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services at [email protected].
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
***Scoot Terms & Conditions
- Winner will be entitled to two (2) Economy “FlyBag” return tickets from Australia to Singapore on Scoot operated flights only. Interline or multi-city flights are not permitted.
- The tickets are not eligible for Economy “Fly”, Economy “FlyBagEat” or ScootPlus. You will not be able to upgrade your ticket(s) to ScootPlus during booking. Subject to availability, you may do so on-board, in which case you will have to pay any applicable upgrade fees/charges.
- The tickets include the cost of air fare and 20kg check in baggage allowance per passenger only.
- The tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer mileage accrual and cannot be used in conjunction with any other upgrade awards.
- Where you have received more than one (1) ticket as your prize, all tickets may only be redeemed for passengers travelling on the same itinerary/flights. All passengers must travel together on the entire itinerary. Separate bookings and open-jaw travel are not permitted.
- Passengers shall be responsible to ensure that they have all necessary visa and any other travel documents/approval(s), and to ensure compliance with all laws, government regulations and orders associated with all points of travel. You must consider and obtain information about topics, such as, but not limited to: i. Entry requirements – travel document validity, visas and identifications; ii. Medical requirements – including inoculations/ vaccinations; and iii. Destination information – risks to health and safety.
- If you have received return tickets as your prize but have only redeemed/booked a one-way journey or for one (1) passenger, your return ticket(s) becomes void for further use; you must book both flights in one itinerary at the same time. Similarly, if you have received more than one (1) ticket as your prize but have only redeemed/booked flights for one (1) passenger, the remaining ticket(s) become void for further use; you must book flights for all passengers in one itinerary at the same time.
- Your tickets must be redeemed at least thirty (30) days before the departure date of your preferred flight.
- Travel must be completed no later than 12 months from the issue date on the winner’s letter. Extension is not permitted and request(s) for extension will not be entertained. For the avoidance of doubt, extensions are not permitted even if you are unable to utilise your prize ticket(s) by the date stated in this paragraph due to border closures, regulatory travel restrictions and/or any other reasons arising due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Travel is subject to availability of seats for redemption and on a first-come-first-served basis. Seats available for redemption are limited and separate from seats available for commercial purchase, i.e. if a seat is available for a given flight on FlyScoot.com or our Call Centre, it may not necessarily be available for redemption. Seats are not available for redemption during blackout periods. Kindly check with The Goodies Team for the blackout periods before submitting your travel dates.
- Scoot does not accept any responsibility in the event that you are unable to book a redemption flight or unable to travel.
- Once booked, flight(s) may not be changed, re-routed, cancelled, refunded or credited toward other flights or whatsoever. Name change is also not permitted.
- Ancillary products and services (e.g. travel insurance, extra baggage, etc.), excluding meals, may be added up to 4 hours before departure through the “Manage My Booking” tool on FlyScoot.com, or by contacting our Call Centre. Meals may only be added up to 72 hours before departure.
- You have to pay all required airport/ government taxes, charges and carrier surcharge, as well as any and all ancillary products and services including, but not limited to, travel insurance, extra baggage, excess baggage, payment processing fees, etc. Please note that if your itinerary includes a flight transit, the applicable taxes and charges for your prize tickets may differ from the usual taxes and charges applicable for the same itinerary on paid tickets booked through Scoot’s website.
- Full payment, if any, must be made within 48 hours of the issuance of the redemption confirmation email. Extension is not permitted and reminders will not be sent. Failure to make payment within the stipulated time frame will result in the tickets being forfeited and booking being cancelled. In such an event, you will not be allowed to re-book/redeem your prize ticket(s). Scoot may, at its sole discretion and subject to seat availability, reinstate the cancelled booking at an administrative fee of SGD$100.00 (or equivalent) per passenger.
- All payment must be made using American Express, JCB, Visa or MasterCard only. Payment through AXS, POLi, Alipay or any other methods are not valid and constitutes a breach of the terms and conditions and will result in your booking being cancelled without any refund.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable, and will be void if bartered, exchanged, bought or sold.
- Prize tickets have no cash value. No cash or credit alternative will be offered if the tickets are not redeemed.
- Scoot reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions without notice, at any time.
- Scoot also reserves the right to cancel your booking, even if payment has been made, in the event of any breach of the terms and conditions you will forfeit the prize and any payment made without refund, and you acknowledge that Scoot has no liability to you.
- All travel pursuant to prize tickets shall be subject to Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage as may be set out in the respective prize tickets or such other document evidencing the same, unless expressly notified otherwise by Scoot.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the terms set out herein and in Scoot’s prevailing terms and conditions, policies, regulations and conditions of carriage on the one hand, and any terms and conditions issued by the organiser of the competition/event/activity through which you won the prize ticket(s) on the other hand, the terms of the former shall prevail.
- By submitting a redemption request, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
***PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering Terms & Conditions
- Voucher is valid from 1 January 2024 to 30 June 2024.
- Black-out dates apply. Not valid for check-in during all Public Holidays and Eve of Public Holidays in Singapore.
- Voucher is valid for Friday and Saturday check in only.
- Not applicable in conjunction with any other discount or promotion.
- Voucher is valid for the period stated only. Extension and refund are strictly not allowed.
- Voucher is not exchangeable for cash and is valid for one presentation only.
- Amount consumed in excess of the stated value is to be borne by the voucher holder and must be settled in full at the time of voucher usage. Prior reservation is required and subject to availability at time of booking. Kindly email to [email protected] for reservations.
- Voucher code should be quoted upon reservation and presented on arrival. A printed voucher is not required. The Hotel reserves the right to amend terms and conditions of this voucher without prior notice.
- The website is operated by PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Images are for illustration purposes only. Actual product(s) may vary.
- Any unused credit balance will not be replaced, refunded or carried forward.
- Voucher cannot be replaced or accepted if damaged, defaced, expired, lost, stolen and/or voided.