Terms and Conditions
Last updated 13th May 2021
- This Singapore Travel Specialist (“STS”) Promotion (“Promotion”) is jointly organized by Singapore Tourism Board (ABN 70 357 668 108), Level 11, 47 York Street Sydney, NSW, 2000 (“STB”), Singapore Airlines (ABN 52 001 056 195), Level 20, 66-68 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 (“SIA”), and Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd. (Registration No. 200910817N in Singapore under the Companies Act, Chapter 50) (“CAG”), each a Promoter and collectively the Promoters.
- The Promotion commences on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 0900 AEDT and ends on Thursday, 29 October 2021 1700 AEST (“Promotional Period”).
- The Promotion will be conducted on “www.singaporetravelspecialist.com” and entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand travel agents, who are citizens or permanent residents of these countries, belong to a registered travel agency and or travel management company, and are aged 18 and over as of 18 November, 2020, (“Participants”). To participate in the Promotion, Participants must complete 10 training modules on STS website during the Promotional Period. All Promotion entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period, and any entries received after the end of the Promotion Period are automatically disqualified.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of each of the Promoters are ineligible to participate in the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Corporations and other artificial persons are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Game of Skill: In this Game of Skill component of the Promotion, chance plays no part in determining the winner. To participate, Participants must register a valid account on www.singaporetravelspecialist.com with an identifiable name and company name, complete all modules, and answer all quiz questions at the end of each module (“an Entry”) to the best of their ability. Quiz submissions are only available once. Each Entry will be individually judged, based upon correctness and individual creative merit in response to any open-ended questions.
- Participants who have submitted an eligible Entry to the Game of Skill will be placed into the monthly prize draw (“Monthly Draw”) in the respective month in which their Entry was submitted. Four (4) winners will be chosen during each Monthly Draw, and a total of forty-eight (48) winners will be selected in total for the cumulative Monthly Draws.
- All eligible Entries to the Game of Skill will further be placed within the major prize draws (“the Major Draws”) which will take place on Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at 5:00pm AEDT (“First Major Draw”), and Thursday 28, October 2021, at 5:00pm, AEST (“Second Major Draw”) which each include grand prizes (“Grand Prize”) and consolation prizes (“Consolation Prize”). One (1) winner will be chosen during each Draw for the Grand Prize, and one (1) winner will be chosen for each Consolation Prize, and a total of four (4) winners will be selected in total from the First and Second Major Draws.
- The prizes available in the First Major Draw and the first Monthly Draw will be available until 31 March, 2021. The respective prize components from the Second Major Draw will be announced thereafter and ahead of the Second Major Draw. Participants who have won a prize from a Monthly Draw are not disqualified from participating in the Major Draws. If this occurs, the Promoters will de-duplicate the Jewel Attraction Pass component.
- The Promoters reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and Participants (including a Participant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who any of the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct which may jeopardise fair and proper functioning of the Promotion. Errors and omissions in the Participants’ entries may be accepted at the Promoters’ discretion. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoters reserves the right at any time to invalidate any Entries which may reasonably be suspected of have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information, and/or Entries that have been submitted under multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a Participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Participant invalid.
- All decisions made by the Promoters, in respect to any matter relating to this Promotion, including the choice of the winners for the Game of Skill, each Monthly Draw and both Major Draws, shall be final. The Promoters reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Promotion without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Incomplete modules shall not be considered to be valid Entries, and any incomplete or invalid Entries will be disqualified.
- Each Participant is only entitled to one submission in the Promotion per Entry. Entries made on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Multiple entries are not permitted.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of any Participant, the Promoters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify the identity of the Participant.
- In light of varying work from home regulations, the judging of the Game of Skill will take place amongst a virtual committee of representatives from the Promoters on the first day of each month. For the avoidance of doubt, no judging will be conducted during the weekend or on a public holiday and any such judging/s will occur on the following business day.
- The winners of the Game of Skill, each Monthly Draw, and the Major Draws will be notified by way of an email. Winners will then be asked to send an option quote or remark via email or direct message on social channels to the Promoters to be published at the Promoters direction.
- The prizes for each of the Monthly Draws will include:
- x2 Jewel Attraction Tickets for three (3) winners [Terms & Conditions related to the accessibility and use of the Jewel Activities also apply]
- x1 Singapore Hamper for one (1) winner
Winners of the Monthly Draw prizes will be responsible for their own transportation to and from Singapore to redeem the prizes. The Winners of the Monthly Draw Prizes will also be responsible for all other expenditures or ancillary costs incurred (including but not limited to airport taxes, visa fees, travel insurance, all meals, and accommodation).
- The prizes for each of the Monthly Draws will include:
- The prizes for the First Major Draw will consist of:
a. 2 x return Economy Class confirmed seats to Singapore on Singapore Airlines from either SYD/MEL/BNE/PER/ADL
i. The winner will need to make their own arrangements to depart from any of these cities, as well as pay any government taxes or other surcharges.
b. Voucher for 2 nights’ accommodation at The Fullerton Hotel in Singapore [for 2 persons]
c. Voucher for 2 nights’ accommodation at The Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore [for 2 persons]
i. The Fullerton Hotel prize and The Fullerton Bay Hotel prizes have a gross value per prize package of up to S$2,765. Rooms are subject to availability and black-out dates apply. Not valid on the eve of and on Public Holidays or any festive promotional days in Singapore. Accommodation voucher is valid for 1 year from the draw date for the First Major Draw. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other hotel services.
d. * x1 S$300 Changi e-voucher
e. x1 Double Pass Jewel Attraction Bundle Tickets
- The prizes for the Second Major Draw will consist of:
- 2 x return Economy Class confirmed seats to Singapore on Singapore Airlines from either SYD/MEL/BNE/PER/ADL/AKL/CHC
- The winner will need to make their own arrangements to depart from any of these cities, as well as pay any government taxes or other surcharges.
- Voucher for 2 nights’ accommodation at The Fullerton Hotel in Singapore [for 2 persons]
- Voucher for 2 nights’ accommodation at The Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore [for 2 persons]
- The Fullerton Hotel prize and The Fullerton Bay Hotel prizes have a gross value per prize package of up to S$2,765. Rooms are subject to availability and black-out dates apply. Not valid on the eve of and on Public Holidays or any festive promotional days in Singapore. Accommodation voucher is valid for 1 year from the draw date for the Second Major Draw. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other hotel services.
- * x1 S$300 Changi e-voucher
- x1 Double Pass Jewel Attraction Bundle Tickets
- If for any reason any winner selected during this Promotion does not take the required steps to accept or redeem a prize within 10 business days, then the prize will be forfeited and no replacements shall be provided. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal value and/or specification. Flight availability is subject to further Terms & Conditions in SECTION 2.
- The name of the Winners, upon acceptance and consent, will be posted on the prizes page (www.singaporetravelspecialist.com/prizes) on or after the 1st of the month following the Monthly Draw, after 31 March, 2021, for the First Major Draw, and after 29 October, 2021, for the Second Major Draw.
- By accepting their prize, each winner agrees to take part in any marketing or publicity activities, or appoint its service providers to process the personal data of the winners including their names, likeness, images, voices, including photographs or audio-video and other recordings of the winners (“Material”) and consents to the Promoters using such Material in any media for publicity and/or use in advertisements across all media, including, without limitation, in each Promoter’s publications, presentations, promotional materials on their websites, in its original or edited format, and whether to promote the Promotion, or otherwise without further notification, remuneration or compensation; and the copyright and all other intellectual property rights (“IP Rights”) in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in the Promoters without further compensation and the Winner hereby assigns such IP Rights to the Promoters.
- Any cost associated with participating in the Promotion, including accessing the Internet in relation to this Promotion is the Participant’s responsibility. Unless otherwise specified, the Promoters shall not be responsible for and will not bear any and all expenses and ancillary costs which may be incurred in the participation in the Promotion and/or with the use or redemption of the prizes.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter(s) (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter’s) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter’s;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
f. use of/taking/redeeming a prize.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Trade Practice Compliance to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 in Australia or respective guidance and bodies in New Zealand.
Singapore Airlines Prize Flight Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions form part of the Travel Daily Training Academy Promotion Terms and Conditions.
- The flight prize component of the First Major Draw is provided by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”), and consists of two (2) Singapore Airlines return Economy Class confirmed seats from the winner’s nearest Singapore Airlines Australian gateway (SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, or PER) to Singapore (subject to operations) (“the Tickets”).
- A maximum of one (1) travel agent residing in Australia or New Zealand who has participated in the Promotion and has entered into the First Major Draw will be selected to win the Tickets (“the Winner”).
- Travel on the Tickets is valid on SIA-operated flights only.
- The Tickets are for travel in Economy Class only and are non-upgradeable.
- The Tickets must be used in conjunction with one another i.e the two tickets that make up this prize cannot be used individually.
- Winners must follow the instructions provided in their award letter on or after 31 March, 2021, to redeem the Tickets, and must ensure that their Tickets are issued at least 4 weeks prior to the departure date and must ensure that all travel is completed on or before 31 December 2022 (“Expiry Date”). Travel will be subject to Government Restrictions.
- Changes are not permitted after the Tickets have been issued. Failure to show up at the relevant airport in time for the relevant flight will result in the Tickets being forfeited and no replacements will be provided. This includes delays due to other methods of transports used to reach the SIA departing city.
- Travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Travel is not permitted between during peak travel periods and blackout periods may apply.
- Any portion of the Tickets that remain unused after the Expiry Date shall be deemed null and void.
- Tickets are valid for 35 days from the date of departure.
- No Frequent Flyer miles will be accrued from the redemption of the Tickets and the Tickets are not eligible for any redemption upgrades.
- The Tickets do not include applicable Airport & Governments taxes, levies & charges. The Winner will be responsible for the payment of any applicable Government taxes and airports charges. Such payments must be made prior to the issuance of the Tickets and can be made by credit card (a credit card services fee of 1.35% will apply for all transactions made using credit cards). The Winner is responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, all meals, beverages, accommodation, ground transportation, transfers, extra activities, spending money, travel insurance, passports, visas, airport transfers, freight, excess baggage, all other ancillary costs or any other costs of a personal nature including items such as extra baggage or any other incurred expenses.
- It is the individuals to whom the Tickets are issued (“Travellers”) personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation which meet the requirements of immigration and other Government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Travellers. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Winner and any companion Traveller. SIA makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination country.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by SIA.
- The Tickets are non-exchangeable for cash in part of in full, and may not be sold to any third party. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of the Tickets will result in an immediate cancellation of the Tickets.
- Should the Winner not be able to complete all flight sectors of the itinerary in the Tickets, the remaining flight sectors shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value.
- If the Tickets (or part of the Tickets) is unavailable, SIA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Tickets (or that part of the Tickets) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Singapore Airlines’ Conditions of Contract and General Conditions of Carriage (as amended, supplemented, modified or replaced from time to time) shall apply to the Tickets.
- SIA reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Tickets at any time as necessary and may substitute the Tickets for an alternative prize of similar value without any prior notice. The value of the Tickets will be solely determined by SIA.
- The Winner and Travellers are expected to observe the following conditions as part of the utilization of travel:
a. Be neatly and appropriately attired when traveling.
b. Not carry, on their person, in their luggage or carry-on baggage, any contraband or goods which are prohibited by the laws of Singapore or the country of their final destination, or goods which are unsuitable for carriage on a commercial aircraft.
c. Observe all directions of SIA ground staff and air crew at all times.
d. Comply with the requirements of immigration and customs authorities in each country.
e. Take responsibility to pay any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs with delay).
f. Comply with the laws of the jurisdiction they are visiting.
g. Hold valid passports with a minimum of 6 months validity at time of travel. The Winner and Travellers must organise their own visas and requisite travel documentation (such as relevant valid international drivers’ licenses) for trips and any visa or passport charges are their sole responsibility. SIA strongly recommends that all Travellers obtain valid and adequate insurance for the entire duration of their travel.
h. The Winner must at all times act in good faith and must not act in any way that would bring SIA into disrepute.
i. SIA shall not be held responsible for the Winner and/or Traveller being unable to utilize the Tickets due to visa or other restrictions. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such travel documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Traveller/s. At all times, it will be the responsibility of the Traveller to ensure that his/her passport is in order and that he/she has the necessary visa clearances to enter the country of destination and, if required, any transit point.
Singapore Airlines Consolation Prize KrisFlyer Miles Award Terms and Conditions
- This training incentive (“STS”) is organised by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”), Changi Airport Group (“CAG“), and the Singapore Tourism Board (“STB“) and will be carried out on www.singaporetravelspecialist.com.
- This award pertains to the first half of the training program which commences on 18 November 2020, and ends on 31 March 2021 (“Contest Period”).
- This prize is open to all KrisFlyer members in Australia and New Zealand, aged 18 years or above as at 18 November 2020, who have registered as a verified travel agent in the STS program and completed all 10 training modules and quizzes by the end of the Contest Period, and who reside in Australia or New Zealand.
- Any entries received after the end of the Contest Period will be considered for the second prize draw period from 01 April 2021 to 29 October 2021 which may or may not contain a KrisFlyer award component per the Second Major Draw details in item 20 at the top of this page.
- A eligible winner must be a KrisFlyer member with a valid KrisFlyer membership, whose KrisFlyer account was created on or before 31 March 2021.
- Each participant shall ensure that his/her entry is his/her own original work, and that the entry does not infringe the intellectual property of any other party. All intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights created by each participant in his/her entry shall belong to the participant. By participating in STS, the participant agrees to grant to SIA and its affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable and perpetual licence to use, reproduce, reformat, modify, edit, publish, publicly display, screen, distribute and sub-licence the entry in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by SIA, for any purposes SIA or its affiliates may deem necessary, including without limitation for the purposes of advertising and marketing.
- One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected by the STS partners in April 2021, based on the most skillful completion of the training modules and quiz questions, an shall be determined in the STS partner’s sole and absolute discretion. Each Winner shall win 30,000 KrisFlyer miles (the “Prize”).
- SIA will notify the Winner in within four (4) weeks from the end of the Contest Period, and he/she will be asked to submit his/her relevant contact details via email for information on how to claim the Prize. The Winner is required to return a signed letter of acceptance via email to SIA in accordance with the instructions provided by SIA via email within ten (10) working days. If the signed letter of acceptance is not received by SIA within ten (10) days from the date in which the notification was sent, and if the Winner does not indicate his/her consent to the publication of his/her personal data in accordance with clause 11 below in the signed letter of acceptance, the Prize will be forfeited.
- The name and country of residence of the Winner will be posted on the STS prize page (at the following link: https://www.singaporetravelspecialist.com/prizes/) within one (1) week from the prize acceptance and confirmation.
- SIA will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- All decisions made by SIA, in respect to any matter relating to this Contest, including the choice of the Winner, shall be final. SIA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Contest without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion. SIA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants. The demise of a participant automatically disqualifies his/her entry.
- The Prize may take about four (4) to six (6) weeks to be credited into the KrisFlyer account of the Winner.
- The KrisFlyer miles awarded from this award are valid for a period of one (1) year from the date in which they are credited into the recipient’s KrisFlyer account, following which they shall expire and no extensions will be permitted. For the avoidance of doubt, KrisFlyer miles awarded which have not been used by the end of the validity period described above will expire and shall be deemed null and void.
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem an air ticket is subject to seat availability at the time of reservation or ticket issuance and must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/).
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem KrisFlyer partner products or services, or for conversion must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer programme (at https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/).
- The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Transfer of KrisFlyer miles from one member’s account to another member’s account is not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, SIA is not responsible for and will not bear any and all expenses and ancillary costs which may be incurred in the participation in the training and/or with the use or redemption of the Prize.
- Employees of SIA, SilkAir, Scoot, their immediate families, affiliates, subsidiaries, related agencies, principal sponsors and suppliers associated with this campaign are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Corporations and other artificial persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, SIA will not be responsible or liable for any consequences that any participant may suffer (including without limitation any damage, loss, injury or disappointment) by entering the STS program or the participant’s acceptance of any prize.
- For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services at [email protected].
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
Terms and conditions
- Validity of the e-Vouchers would be on 31 December 2022.
- e-Voucher(s) are non-transferrable and can only be used by the Cardholder whom such e-Voucher(s) were issued to. The Cardholder must present his Changi Rewards Card to utilise the e-Voucher(s) for any transaction.
- e-Voucher(s) issued must be presented within the validity period stated therein and utilised no later than the stipulated expiry date. No extensions, refunds, payments, replacements, or exchanges shall be permitted or entertained. All un-utilised CR e-Voucher(s) will be forfeited upon expiry. CAG shall not be liable for and will not extend the validity of any expired CR e-Voucher(s).
- e-Voucher(s) may be used to pay for or obtain goods and/or services of approved/participating merchants (both retail and food & beverage outlets) at Changi Airport (such merchant referred to as “Merchant”), except for (i) payment to purchase any tobacco products at Changi Airport; (ii) Jewel Changi Airport; (iii) payment for purchases on “iShopChangi” and “Changi Eats”; and (iv) the following outlets listed in clause 5.7.4 Table 1.
- All e-Voucher(s) are denominated in Singapore dollars. Multiple e-Voucher(s) under the same Cardholder may be utilised in the redemption of any purchase at the same visit.
- The stored value of the CR e-Voucher(s) (or any part thereof, including any unutilised portion) (i) is not refundable in any currency; and (ii) cannot be withdrawn in exchange for any currency.
- CR e-Voucher(s) cannot be exchanged for any form of cash and/or credit.
- For detailed terms and conditions of the vouchers, please refer to clause 5.7 in https://rewards.changiairport.com/en/terms-and-conditions.html